2007-09-18

don't tase me bro

I've settled into a routine over the last couple weeks. My typical school day goes like this:

Morning: class
Lunch: eat with classmates, often discuss cases
Afternoon: classes (Wednesday-Friday), dicking around on the internet (Monday-Tuesday)
Late afternoon: nap, sometimes cut short by meetings and errands
~5PM-11PM: study in the law school library, with dinner thrown in somewhere, usually eaten by myself . I don't always work to 11 every night, and I don't always start at 5.
After studying: come home, study chess for an hour or so, go to bed. Been watching Battlestar Galactica lately, too.

It's a pretty comfortable routine and I hope I don't get too bored. Or boring.

The temperature has dropped sharply over the last week. Starting to get chilly. California lifers glancing sideways at each other like kids looking into a deep dark well. The kind that doesn't echo when you drop a stone into it. Like the one that little Billy fell into last summer, never to be seen again.

Well, maybe not that bad. But with the winter chill will come a social chill as the 1Ls freak out about exams. I'm not looking forward to the quiet weekends, the annoyed "What do you want?"s, the stress under everyone's eyes. They say 1L fall is the worst semester of law school. Why can't people just chill.

No comments: